The Master of Science in Telecommunications Engineering from University of Malta enhances the skills acquired during undergraduate studies to an advanced level, essential for a career in today’s communications industry. The course also serves as an introduction to graduates interested in pursuing a career in research.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
M.Sc. graduates specialising in Telecommunications Engineering find employment in the broad areas of telecommunications, ICT infrastructure, multimedia signal processing and transmission, regulation, and software development for telecommunications and data processing applications.
Furthermore, the knowledge and skills attained during this course open doors for graduates to seek employment with large research groups in industry, research institutes, and universities abroad. Moreover, together with an undergraduate programme in an engineering or computer science related field and two years working experience under a professional engineer, this programme makes the graduate eligible to the Maltese Engineering Warrant.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Theory and Coding
- Broadband Communications Systems
- Digital Communications
- Multimedia Networks and Systems
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition Algorithms
- Advanced Mobile Telecommunications
- Broadcasting and Peer-to-Peer Networks
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Communications Engineering
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Honours) - B.Sc. I.T. (Hons) - with at least Second Class Honours or
- the degree of Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Information and Communication Technology - B.Sc. (Hons) I.C.T. - with at least Second Class Honours or
- the degree of Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computing Science or in Computer Engineering - B.Sc. (Hons) - with at least Second Class Honours or
- the degree of Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - B.Eng.(Hons) - with at least Second Class Honours in a suitable area of study or
- any other Honours degree with a strong ICT component which the Board deems comparable to the qualifications indicated
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8933 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
Living costs for Msida
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.