You can craft a programme of study that suits your interests and which will help you become better global health practitioners wherever you work in the world.The Global Health and Development programme from University College London (UCL) challenges you to understand the complex forces that shape health worldwide, by developing your understanding of the principles underlying research, policy and practice in global health, fostering critical thinking, and building transferable skills.
CareersAlumni from this MSc have pursued careers in government, NGO and for profit sectors. They have taken on roles at national and international levels as programme managers, policy advisers and advocacy leaders, researchers, advisors for Ministries of Health, consultants, programme officers etc. Others have decided to pursue a career in academia by completing a PhD after their MSc.
EmployabilityThe programme is designed to teach you how to apply different disciplinary perspectives to global health issues. The modules draw on different approaches to assessing skills and knowledge so you develop the diverse set of skills needed for work in global health. These include: presentations, team work, applying theory to practice, project management and planning, policy analysis, time management, and critical thinking.
- Concepts and Controversies in Global Health
- Research Methods and Evidence for Global Health
- Power and Politics in Global Health
- Health Systems in a Global Context
- Anthropological Perspectives on Global Health
- Climate Change and Health
- Collecting and Using Data: Essentials of Quantitative Survey Research
- Conflict, Humanitarianism and Health
- Economic Evaluation in Health Care
- Essentials of Global Child Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Sustainable Development Health Sciences View 1036 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in medicine, nursing and other allied heath professions, sciences, humanities and social sciences. Professional experience in the fields of health and development is desirable.
- An applicant whose qualifications vary from UCL standards may be admitted if evidence of an adequate academic background and work experience in an appropriate field can be shown.
International29000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14100 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £7,050
- International: £14,500
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.