The Mathematics course from University of Malta shall be offered in areas of study in which the Faculty can offer expert guidance and supervision and subject to the availability of resources as determined by the Department of Mathematics.
Students are required to write a dissertation based on work of an advanced or original nature performed by students during the Course and the presentation of their findings and conclusions in a scholarly manner.
Graph Theory and Combinatorics:
- Graph spectra
- Singular graphs, polynomial reconstruction, line graphs of trees
- Possible equations in stoichiometry, applications to the structure of fullerenes
- Graph partitions, main eigenvalues, walks of graphs, self complementary graphs
- Reconstruction, pseudosimilarity and related problems on graph symmetries
- Applications of graph theory to error-correcting codes
- Combinatorics of finite sets
- Independence and domination in graphs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Topology
- Extensions and Selections
- Further Topics in Analysis
- Algebraic Graph Theory: Graphs, Groups and Reconstruction
- Spectral Graph Theory
- Combinatorics of Finite Sets
- Selected Topics in Graph Theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Malta and/or in Malta, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Science with at least Second Class Honours in an area of study deemed by the Board to be relevant to the proposed area of study and obtained in the 10 years previous to registration for the Course or
- the Bachelor of Science with Third Class Honours in an area of study deemed by the Board to be relevant to the proposed area of study and obtained in the 10 years previous to registration for the Course, provided that the applicants have obtained other qualifications, including relevant experience, following their first cycle degree. The Board may, at its discretion, require such applicants to follow a preparatory programme as specified below.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8933 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.