During this Financial Mathematics programme at University College London (UCL) students will develop a detailed understanding of the application of mathematics, statistics and computation to problems in finance, and will gain the necessary practical tools for the pricing, hedging and risk management of a diverse range of financial products in several asset classes.
Teaching and learning
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, practical classes, tutorials and problem-solving exercises. Assessment is through written papers, coursework, examinations and the research report and presentation.
Many students have progressed to careers in financial services in the City of London or in their home country; a number of graduates have proceeded to a PhD.
The financial services industry requires quantitative finance professionals who are able to analyse data, to program, and who are expert in mathematics and computational statistics. Career prospects for graduates of this programme are excellent.
- Statistical Methods and Data Analytics for Finance
- Finance and Numerics
- Market Risk and Portfolio Theory
- Asset Pricing in Continuous Time
- Financial Mathematics Project
- Interest Rates and Credit Modelling
- Topics in Financial and Insurance Mathematics
- Stochastic Processes
- Mathematics and Statistics of Algorithmic Trading
- Applied Computational Finance
- Quantitative Modelling of Operational Risk and Insurance Analytics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics Actuarial Science View 751 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International38000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £14,700
- International: £19,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.