If you’re interested in exploring English language use in a variety of genres and local contexts, this M.A. will guide to address the current demands in the workplace for enhanced English language use.
It will train you to see the lacunas in the Maltese linguistic landscape and to address them using the current global language. By guiding you in the best possible ways to collect data, you will be appositely prepared to write extensively about the English language in the current climate.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
As a holder of the MA in English (English Language) from the University of Malta , you will be able to enter a career as a teacher, writer, copywriter, editor, publisher, public relations, librarian, social service and proof reader.
If you would like to enter a career as an academic, you may enrol in a doctorate programme offered at the University of Malta, or at a foreign institution abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- T.S. Eliot and Modernism
- Directed Studies
- Hamlets: Shakespeare, Modernity and the Present
- English in Context
- Variation in English
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 5 other Masters in Language Studies in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) with Second Class or better in the same or in a closely related area of study as the area of study applied for,
- provided that the Board may consider applicants in possession of the Degree with Third Class Honours only if it is satisfied that such applicants are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following the first cycle degree or
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts in the same or in a closely related area of study as that applied for, with an average mark of not less than 55% in that area or
- a degree from this or from another university which the Board considers as comparable to any of the degrees indicated in paragraphs (a) and (b) above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
- Total Tuition Fees: Eur 10,800
- Yr 1: Eur 10,800 - Yr 2: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.