Study how developments and opinions regarding health, medicine and healthcare are reflected in cultural practices in society. And learn how cultural norms, diversity, technological developments and the online world shape these developments and opinions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureYou learn to:
- Critically evaluate various types of knowledge production in contemporary health and medicine using various types of research and methodologies.
- Develop the ability to think critically about past and present events and experiences in relation to medicine.
- Relate concepts of health and medical sciences and practices to questions of public debate and concern.
- Connect theory with practice through an internship (optional) and by attending guest lectures from professionals.
- Learn how to write scientific articles based on academic content which will be published in Diggit Magazine, an online news platform about digital culture, globalization, and arts.
This is a track of MA Culture Studies. You specialize by following one of its tracks.Typical courses are:
- Cultural practices of knowledge production in health and medicine
- Online Health Practices
- The Normal and the Abnormal
- Diversity and Equity in Health and Medicine
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 11 other Masters in Health Management in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You are eligible to apply if you have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, such as general Culture Studies, Philosophy, Literature, Linguistics, Religious Studies, Science and Technology Studies, Anthropology, Medicine, History etc. or a BA in Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Our exam committee will assess every application and evaluate whether or not your previous education matches 3 years of Dutch academic education. Our Admissions Committee evaluates the modules you have completed previously and whether these match the profile for the program. Depending on your academic deficiencies or degree, you might be required to follow and complete a pre-master’s program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14600 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.