During this Educational Leadership programme from University College London (UCL) students investigate how the intersection of policy and practice influences leaders and managers of schools, institutions and systems, and examine how leaders and managers can improve the quality of teaching and learning.
This programme will develop an understanding of how to lead and manage educational improvement in the school sector.
It provides students with the opportunity to develop their understanding of how leaders and managers can nurture relationships with their communities, investigating how leaders and managers can address issues of race, gender and class within educational organisations to improve student outcomes.
Students will be able to join a professional network with other participants from London and around the world.
Teaching and learning
Teaching is delivered through face-to-face teaching, facilitation, multimedia presentations and activity-based learning. Each module is supported by materials on our virtual learning environment. The programme is assessed through coursework and the dissertation.
The Educational Leadership MA is a proven programme which our students have found to be invaluable in enhancing their current roles. A significant number have used both the skills and the qualification as a platform for career advancement. Typically they move into senior leadership positions within their selected phase of working. Subsequently many move on to headship or principalship. A smaller number elect to continue their exploration of education through doctoral studies.
- Leading and Managing Change and Improvement (Leadership)
- Dissertation or report
- Doing and Using Educational Leadership and Management Research
- Leadership for the Learning Community (Leadership)
- Leading in Diverse Cultures and Communities (Leadership)
- Developing Personal Leadership Skills
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEducational Leadership View 74 other Masters in Educational Leadership in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or overseas qualification of an equivalent standard and two years' leadership experience or, if you do not have such experience, we will ask you to demonstrate how your professional role(s) have enabled you to understand organisations and leadership, and how this programme may benefit your future career objectives.
International10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5400 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £2,700
- International: £5,400
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.