Lectures and seminars focus on the following areas, among others: transmedia narrative, remediating narrative, style in the media, writing for the media, play, performance and participatory culture, publishing for children, electronic literature, digital literacy and new/ social media.
Students following the English (English, Culture and the Media) pathway from University of Malta become eligible to participate in the International Postgraduate Symposium that is organised by the Department in Spring of every year, and may also have research papers accepted for publication in CounterText, the international and peer-reviewed postgraduate journal. They are also encouraged to attend The English Seminar Series and to participate in postgraduate reading groups.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
Past students of the Department have gone on to take up employment opportunities both locally and abroad in teaching, journalism, publishing, PR, Social Media content writing and consultancy. A significant number have also gone on to doctoral study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Culture and the Media
- Research Methods
- T.S. Eliot and Modernism
- Directed Studies
- Hamlets: Shakespeare, Modernity and the Present
- English in Context
- Variation in English
- Writing for the Media: Skills and Tasks
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Media Studies & Mass Media View 8 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) with Second Class or better in the same or in a closely related area of study as the area of study applied for,
- provided that the Board may consider applicants in possession of the Degree with Third Class Honours only if it is satisfied that such applicants are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following the first cycle degree or
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts in the same or in a closely related area of study as that applied for, with an average mark of not less than 55% in that area or
- a degree from this or from another university which the Board considers as comparable to any of the degrees indicated in paragraphs (a) and (b) above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10800 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.