The Earthquake Engineering with Disaster Management programme from University College London (UCL) is designed to produce engineers who are able to work in the civil and structural engineering sector, as well as taking roles in risk and catastrophe modelling or disaster management.
Graduates of Earthquake Engineering with Disaster Management MSc will be able to:
- Analyse, Design and Assess structures to current seismic codes, as well as modern unconventional methods.
- Evaluate Vulnerability and Resilience of ordinary and special structures against earthquake and extreme loading conditions.
- Determine the efficiency and economic viability of pre-disaster risk mitigation and post-disaster risk management solutions.
FieldworkA week-long field trip is organised every year to an area which has recently suffered from a damaging earthquake, to observe the extent of the destruction and the latest structural strengthening techniques.
- Introduction to Seismic Design of Structures
- Seismic Risk Assessment
- Structural Dynamics
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Structural Vulnerability and Resilience
- Advanced Seismic Design of Structures
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Design and Analysis of Structural Systems
- Finite-Element Modelling and Numerical Methods
- Catastrophe Risk Modelling
- Natural and Environmental Disasters
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS) General Engineering & Technology Emergency & Disaster Management View 70 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (such as engineering or architecture), or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Extensive work experience covering related areas will be considered in addition to academic qualifications.
International35000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £9,000
- International: £17,500
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.