The Human Nutrition, Obesity and Health course from University of Malta is delivered in the form of lectures, practical sessions, debates, case studies, team work tasks, self-directed learning, seminars and tutorials as well as placements in practice oriented settings and a dissertation in the second year of studies.
This programme of study provides comprehensive training in various aspects of human nutrition and health with special focus on obesity through theoretical and hands-on teaching and practice-related study-units in key areas of nutritional sciences which include nutritional biochemistry and physiology and various aspects of applied nutrition and nutritional epidemiology, particularly obesity and weight management principles and the impact of diet on overall health and disease.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
Graduates could possibly follow careers in various areas relating mainly to community, the food industry, health and leisure business, academia, health promotion and policy as well as the health sector.
On successful completion of the course, these graduates will be able (eligible) to register as registered nutritionists with the local CPCM.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychosocial Aspects of Dietary Behaviour
- Diet, Disease and Health
- Professional Practice
- Research Methods for Health Care Professionals
- Academic Reading, Writing and Speaking in English for Postgraduates
- Food and Nutrition Policy and Health Promotion Applications
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Biochemistry
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a Bachelor’s degree from this University, or from any other higher education institution recognized by Senate, obtained with at least Second Class Honours in Applied Food and Nutrition Sciences or any other area deemed relevant by the Board.
- Practising professionals in possession of the Post-Qualification or Postgraduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics may be allowed to proceed directly to the second year of the Course, provided such applicants shall additionally be required to register for and successfully complete a study-unit/s on Research Methods as directed by the Board.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Total Fees:Eur1600
- Yr1: Annual Enrolment Fee:Eur400
- Yr2: Annual Enrolment Fee:Eur400+Bench Fees:Eur800
- Total Tuition Fees:Eur13400
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.