The Gender, Society and Culture programme from University of Malta of studies for the course consists of a taught component totaling 60 ECTS credits and a research component to which 30 ECTS credits are assigned.
The programme is designed as having a predominantly taught component, culminating with a research element in the form of a dissertation, which allows the student to engage at a deeper level in a particular area of interest with a selected supervisor.
Students are expected to cover all the prescribed readings and participate fully in all activities related to the programme. Students are advised to keep pace with the work set, allowing sufficient time for any research work and/or revision.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
The programme is designed to support people who wish to broaden their worldview, as they build their career - within government departments, ministries and agencies, as well as non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and private companies. Government policy is based on gender mainstreaming and gender mainstreaming is essential in order to access EU Funds, attain higher visibility and inject equity into all spheres of work. Candidates will return to their discipline with a solid understanding of how gender plays a significant and mainstreamed role in that area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epistemologies in Gender Studies
- Research Methods in Gender Studies
- Gender Based Violence
- Gender and Culture
- Gender and Social Justice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Introduction Week
- Opening Ceremony
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 7 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a Bachelor degree from this University or any other institution recognized by Senate, obtained with at least Second Class Honours or Category II.
- All applicants shall be required to demonstrate that they have the necessary aptitude and disposition to follow the Course with profit which shall be measured by means of a personal interview conducted by an interviewing board appointed for the purpose.
- The interviewing board appointed by the Board shall be composed of at least three members.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10800 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.