Are you an international student who is interested in studying in Malta and who has obtained a high-school certificate issued in another country where the education system is not comparable to the Maltese one?
The Master of Science in Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies (Business and Finance) from University of Malta provides for an introduction to the various Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) disciplines to all students coming from the different streams, and provides advanced units to students within their specific stream.
Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) have the potential to change many applications and services. The field poses new academic and educational challenges due to the multi-disciplinary nature which includes ICT, Business and Law at its core.
The underlying technology is required to provide decentralisation mechanisms and computational execution engines built on sound computer science and ICT principles. The provision of smart contracts is blurring the lines between real-world legal contracts and automated execution of legal obligations. Programmers will require knowledge of regulatory and legal frameworks within which smart contracts are being proposed, and similarly lawyers would be required to understand obligations laid out within smart contracts.
With the advent of cryptocurrencies, built on Blockchain and DLTs, new financial and business models are being proposed - whereby finance and business professionals are requiring an appreciation of the underlying technical implementations and algorithms and surrounding legal frameworks. Software developers writing smart contracts and financial systems also require an understanding of the financial and business models which they are translating into code.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
This M.Sc. programme will be of interest for those who would like to work in the Blockchain/DLT industry.Successful students would be able to further pursue a PhD in the area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Smart Contract Coding Literacy
- Principles and Issues in Investment Management
- Financial Derivative Investments
- Securities Markets: Financial and Organisational Aspects
- Money, Banking and Cryptocurrencies
- Applied Economics and Tokenomics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 6 other Masters in Finance in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a Bachelor degree from this University with at least Second Class (Honours) or Category II in the areas of Business, Economics, Finance, Law, Management, Information Technology, or in any other area which the Board deems appropriate.
- Applicants in possession of a Bachelor degree from this University with Third Class Honours or Category III in the disciplines highlighted above may apply if they are also in possession of other qualifications or have at least five years of relevant work experience, obtained following the first cycle degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA6666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Total Tuition Fees: €10000
- Sem1: €3750-Sem 2: €3750-Sem 3: €2500
- Total Tuition Fees: €10000
- Sem1: €3750 - Sem2: €3750 - Sem3: €2500
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.