During this Drug Discovery and Development programme from the University College London (UCL) you will gain extensive knowledge about the process of drug discovery and development from the initial drug target validation stage through to regulatory approval of a new drug.
You will gain hands-on experience of molecular modelling and computer-based drug design, and analytical and synthetic techniques and be exposed to modern platforms for drug discovery.
Students undertake modules to the value of 180 credits.
The programme consists of three compulsory modules (90 credits), two optional modules (30 credits) and a dissertation (60 credits).
Upon successful completion of 180 credits, you will be awarded a MSc in Drug Discovery and Development.
Graduates from the Drug Delivery and Development MSc have progressed to careers in academia or in the various aspects of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, CRO and consulting industries.
- Modern Aspects of Drug Discovery
- The Process of Drug Discovery
- The Process of Drug Development
- Anticancer Personalised Medicines
- New Drug Targets in the CNS
- Pharmacogenics, Adverse Drug Reactions and Biomarkers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPharmacology View 46 other Masters in Pharmacology in United Kingdom
- A second-class UK Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related subject such as pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, pharmacology, physiology, physical science, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, chemical engineering, genetics, material sciences, or a medical degree (MBBS), or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.