The Digital Technologies and Policy from University College London (UCL) will tackle a series of pressing topics for policymakers, such as:
- are global agreements on cyber security realistic or necessary?
- how do we balance protection of human rights against the security of the Internet of Things?
- how can we reconsider approaches to policy-making in the rapidly evolving information age?
Students also gain deep understanding of conceptual frameworks, policy tools and analytical methods to implement, evaluate and revise public policies through a series of core modules.
This MPA degree prepares graduates to step into leadership and decision-making roles in government, technology companies, think tanks, and consultancies that engage with issues like cyber security, the digital economy, the Internet of Things, Internet governance and online human rights.
Throughout the MPA programme, students will:
- gain a greater awareness of current issues and developments in digital technology
- develop an understanding of the knowledge systems underpinning successful policy-making processes
- learn how to communicate with scientists and engineers, policymakers and technology experts
- develop the skills to mobilise public policy, and science and engineering knowledge and expertise, to address societal challenges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Science, Technology, Engineering and Public Policy
- Analytic Methods for Policy
- Digital Technologies and Policy
- Ethics, Institutions and Power
- Science Advice for Policy
- Risk Assessment and Governance
- Clean Energy and Development
- Science Funding and Governance
- Development, Technology and Innovation in Policy
- Energy, Technology and Climate Policy
- Sustainable Infrastructures and Public Policy
- Urban Innovation and Policy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Public Policy Artificial Intelligence View 800 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university in a relevant discipline or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Students are encouraged (but are not required) to have work experience prior to enrolling on this programme.
International28500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National21600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.