In the digital age, the ability to understand and work creatively with digital media in all these forms is a key issue.
In this Digital Media - Education students from University College London (UCL) will learn concepts of digital media, media literacy, creativity, and popular culture, and how these are used by media educators in global contexts.
They will critically engage with, and creatively produce, media texts such as short films and blogs, working in the UCL Future Media Lab and with the British Film Institute.
Students undertake modules to the value of 180 credits: two compulsory core modules, two optional modules, and a Dissertation or shorter Report.
The degree includes two compulsory modules (30 credits each); two optional modules (30 credits each); a 20,000 word Dissertation (60 credits); or a 10,000 word Report (30 credits), allowing an additional 30 credit module. Elective modules are also available from the IOE's English Education MA and Education and Technology MA subject to availability.
Graduates of this programme go on to a wide variety of careers in media education in colleges, primary and secondary schools, community settings, museums, libraries and galleries, and education-related media industries. They also work in NGOs, research organisations, and government departments. They are well-placed to follow academic careers in educational research.
- Digital Media Theory
- Digital Media Enquiry
- Moving Image Production
- Internet Cultures: Theory and Practice
- Digital Sociology of Education
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEducation Digital Communication Early Childhood Education View 105 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (e.g. media studies, cultural studies, art, education, digital media, interactive media, English.
- Applicants with a minimum of a second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a non-relevant subject and at least one year's experience within the fields of education, media and/or the cultural industries will also be considered.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,450
- International: £14,700
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.