Students on this Clinical Neuroscience - Stroke programme from University College London (UCL) will undertake modules related to stroke, along with learning generic skills such as statistics and critical appraisal of research papers.
They also acquire substantial research skills and techniques whilst undertaking a project with leading researchers in the field.
Teaching and learning
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, workshops, journal clubs and presentations. Taught modules are assessed by short-answer multiple choice question examinations and timed essays. The research project requires a written dissertation, oral and a poster presentation.
The portfolio of taught graduate programmes at UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology offers research-embedded clinical teaching to enhance and expand the career progression and opportunities of our students. All of our graduates have reported that their degree enhanced their careers. Many of our Master's graduates have gone on to further PhD-level study, or successfully applied to medical school. Clinicians who took time out to obtain an MSc have returned to training and scientists have progressed to obtain research assistant posts.
- Neuroimaging, Pathophysiology & Epidemiology
- Clinical Manifestations of Stroke
- Treatment (HASU and Service Delivery)
- Research methods and introduction to statistics
- Skeletal Muscle and associated diseases
- Peripheral Nerves and associated diseases
- Motoneurons, neuromuscular junctions and associated diseases
- Advanced genetic technologies and clinical applications
- Higher Functions of the Brain
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPsychology Human Medicine Neuroscience View 926 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £8,250
- International: £16,050
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.