One of a kind in Italy, this innovative master in Language and Management to China at Ca' Foscari University of Venice prepares you to work in professional contexts connected to modern-day China. While you hone your skills in Chinese, you also acquire a broad knowledge related to marketing, management and law with a strong emphasis on contemporary Chinese society.
While the language learning focuses particularly on sector-specific terminology related to the economic and legal sphere, the rest of the study programme explores management practices and processes as well as the increasingly global context in which today's businesses and institutions must operate.
Despite having a solid theoretical basis, the economic, legal and management skills are strictly linked to management and market scenarios in China.
All of the programme's courses are taught in English except those focusing on language study and IT, which are delivered in Italian.
Launching your career
As a graduate of the programme you will be uniquely prepared for work in high-responsibility positions in businesses, financial institutions and public entities that operate in connection with China thanks to the degree's strategic pairing of linguistic study with a solid knowledge of Chinese culture and economics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The two-year study programme involves course work, a thesis and a curricular internship, which can be carried out in Italy or abroad.
- You are also encouraged to apply for a study abroad period in China, which is made possible by Ca' Foscari's numerous exchange agreements with prestigious Chinese universities and can last up to a year.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
There are five admission rounds for admission in the fall of 2021, so earlier the round in which you apply, the sooner you'll find out if you have been accepted
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Management, Organisation & Leadership Languages View 8 other Masters in Language Studies in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy certain curricular requirements. You therefore need to have completed:
- 36 ECTS in Chinese and South Asian Languages and Literatures
- 6 ECTS in specific areas of History, Political Science or Social Science
- You need a certified B2-level knowledge of English as well as an advanced knowledge of Chinese (Mandarin) and a basic knowledge of Italian.
- This programme has limited admission, so in order to be be eligible you need to take an entry test. In addition, a Teaching Committee assesses your CV to make sure you have adequate personal preparation. For more information, contact us!
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2061 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2061 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
To make education as affordable as possible to all, Ca' Foscari offers tuition fee reductions to students coming from non-OECD countries, with fees sometimes as low as 700 euro per year.
For high-achieving international students, Ca' Foscari offers:
- renewable tuition fee waivers
- one-time scholarships of €5,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.