Narrative medicine enables patients and caregivers to voice their experience, to be heard, to be recognized, and to be valued, improving the delivery of healthcare.
- The non-degree, online Certification of Professional Achievement in Narrative Medicine from Columbia University prepares health professionals, writers, and scholars to apply the skills and values of narrative understanding to improve outcomes for both patients and caregivers.
- The program is developed specifically for students who seek ways to bring narrative methods into their current careers.
- The curriculum introduces students to the principles and practice of narrative medicine through rigorous courses that promote intellectual growth, interpersonal relationships, and personal insight. Students will practice designing and evaluating narrative training interventions in clinical settings.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 191 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application form
- $95.00 nonrefundable application fee (U.S. currency)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Statement of academic purpose (No more than 750 words)
- Your Résumé
- Students whose native language is not English must include proof of English proficiency
International10380 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit
National10380 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.