The Master in EU Trade and Climate Diplomacy (EUDIPLO) jointly offered by CIFE and LUISS School of Government focuses on how to act, reflect and participate in strategic trade and climate policy negotiations between Europe and other geopolitical powers, with a wide range of economic and digital intelligence tools.
The programme provides analytical and negotiation skills through evidence-based studies and practical project work in the three major topics of the programme: Sustainability & Climate, Trade & Investment, Digital Cooperation.
First trimester in Rome
The programme starts in Rome, on the campus of LUISS, School of Government. Courses will give an introduction to the EU Governance, focusing on the context and challenges of European Foreign Action and policy in the 21st century.
Second trimester in Berlin
The programme continues in Berlin, in the CIFE premises. Teaching will be concentrating on EU Climate Diplomacy and its ambition to climate leadership in the context of the EU Green Deal.
A study trip to a diplomatic hub such as Brussels gives insight knowledge into EU Diplomacy and interaction with high-level lecturers, experts and diplomats.
Third trimester in Nice
Courses conclude in Nice, in CIFE's main premises. A special focus will be laid on EU Trade & Investment Diplomacy. Students will attend courses on Trade Diplomacy, External Investment for SDGs, AI, Big Data and Digitalised Governance, Innovative Forms of Collaborative Action in the Digital society. As part of their academic requirements, students will complete a final master thesis.
Graduates of this programme are expected to successfully start a career in international organisations, lobbying organisations at the national and international level, Public Affairs consultancies, foundations and NGOs, national and international think tanks, as well as multinational corporations.
Trade and climate are the strategic fields of global policies where the European Union is displaying strong leadership. Through its Green Deal, the Paris Agreement and the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the EU’s new diplomacy brings together civil society, NGOs, corporates, think tanks and foundations to reinforce multilateral and rule-based agreements that set it apart from other global powers.
Students who successfully complete the programme are awarded three certifications:
- Joint Master in EU Trade and Climate Diplomacy: Diplomas by CIFE and LUISS, granting 60 ECTS credits at Master level
- Policy Officer in European and International Organisations: professional qualification delivered by CIFE and recognised by the French state as a degree at Master level (level 7 EQF).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Democracy and Global Governance: European Politics after 1945
- European Macroeconomics
- Reforming European Institutions and Democracy
- Policies and Policymaking in the EU
- The EU External Action
- Science Diplomacy
- New Climate Diplomacy and EU Climate Action
- Sharing Economy and Socially-Just Ecological Transition
- Investment Policy for SDGs
- Europe’s AI and Digital Connectivity
- Innovative Forms of Collaborative Action in the Digital Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law Climate Studies & Meteorology View 5 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- For students who have completed their undergraduate studies
- Good knowledge of English required
- The programme is open to university graduates of all nationalities and all disciplines or to young professionals with a private or public professional background. Candidates must have very good knowledge of English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National11000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Nice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.