In association with Tate Exchange at Tate Modern and in collaboration with national and international art organisations and institutions, this MA degree encourages a practical and industry-minded approach to exploring how contemporary art experiences engage with the public.
The Public Art and Performance MA at London Metropolitan University is designed to develop career paths for artists, curators and facilitators interested in any creative medium (visual art, performance, video, installation, sculpture and digital art), with a specific focus on developing public-facing projects.
All tutors are internationally recognised industry professionals, approaching this subject from different angles and areas of expertise.
After the course
Build your knowledge of the art world and discover careers in a growing field within the industry. Career opportunities include:
- professional artists, whose work explores the idea of public engagement, communicated in any medium, including visual art and performance
- performance practitioners, exploring audience interaction and participation
- project leaders and facilitators in the field of public engagement, working creatively with teams and partners
- managers and administrators in public art, outreach and participation
- curators of public programmes and events
- academics and communicators in the field of public art and public engagement
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Focus 1: Public Art, Funding and Commissioning
- Professional Focus 2: Project Managing Public Art
- Project as Professional Practice
- Public Art and Performative Practices
- Research for Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 196 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
You will be required to have:
- a minimum of a 2.2 honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject discipline
A full university application form will need to be submitted, which includes a detailed statement to support your application to the course. You should also submit an up-to-date CV and copies of award certificates.
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £1,035 per 20 credits
- International: £1,530 per 20 credits
Living costs for City of London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.