The MSc in Education at Cardiff University allows you to explore the practical areas of curricular design, planning for teaching and learning in a rapidly changing world, the effects of globalisation on educational ideas and practices, and the future of education.
What you'll study
Working closely with classmates and academic staff, you will have the opportunity to explore these questions and to benefit from interdisciplinary perspectives, including education, sociology and psychology. You’ll be challenged to evaluate and formulate recommendations for educational practices and organisation, and to design innovative interventions that will empower learners by improving the quality and relevance of their education.
The programme gives particular attention to the largest education sectors, primary and secondary education, but also gives you the opportunity to discuss developments in education from a broader, lifelong learning perspective – from pre-primary education and higher education to adult learning and non-formal education – that recognises the interconnections between the different parts of education systems. For your dissertation project, you can choose to focus on any level of formal education or on non-formal education.
The programme is suited to those who have an interest in education practice, organisation or research. This includes those who have little or no professional experience of education-related work to mid-career professionals engaged in teaching, educational leadership and organisation or other education-related activities.
Please note that whilst this programme is suitable for educational professionals seeking to develop their career, it is not a teaching qualification and does not provide Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
We encourage our students to think about life beyond University from day one, offering modules and support to give you a competitive advantage on graduating. Turning theory into practical application and providing experience of the working world are important aspects of all our degree schemes and help prepare our graduates for life after higher education.
Graduates of this programme may work in education-related areas within formal or non-formal education organisations, in government departments and regulators, in non-governmental organisations including foundations and think-tanks working, in charities, the media or as social entrepreneurs in the area of education.
- Research Design For Masters Students
- Scholarship in the Social Sciences
- Comparative approaches to understanding curriculum
- Psychology and Planning for Teaching and Learning
- Global Futures in Education
- Dissertation (MSc Education)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Teaching View 735 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- Applicants should normally hold a minimum 2:2 degree in a relevant subject area or have appropriate professional experience.
- The course is directed to recent graduates, from those who have no or little professional experience of education-related work,and to mid-career professionals engaged in teaching, the delivery of other education-related activities, the administration of educational institutions or the analysis of education practices.
- Those with a background in other areas and more than 3 years of teaching, educational administration/planning, educational research or related experience may be considered for admission into the programme.
International19200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.