Students who successfully complete this 60-credit hour specialization will earn a Master of Science in Counseling and Human Resource Development specializing in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Career opportunities include work as a licensed counselor in community mental health organizations, outpatient care centers, residential mental health and substance abuse facilities, psychiatric hospitals, and private practice.
This Counseling and Human Resource Development - Clinical Mental Health Counseling course at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have a desire to help people
- Work well with diverse groups of people
- Are an analytical thinker
- Are inquisitive
- Have strong listening, speaking and problem-solving skills
- Professional counselor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Evaluation in Counseling and Human Development
- Developmental Issues in Counseling
- Theories of Counseling
- Professional Issues and Ethics
- Administration and Management of Mental Health Organizations
- Counseling the Family
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students are encouraged to apply several weeks prior to posted deadlines or the start of the semester to ensure all required documents are received.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 295 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 to receive unconditional admission.
- A professional academic transcript evaluation for degrees earned outside the United States(This requirement cannot be waived unless your highest degree was earned or will be earned in the U.S. prior to enrollment at SDSU).
- If you are completing your bachelor's degree at the time of application, you may submit an incomplete evaluation. If you are accepted, a complete transcript and/or evaluation with completed degree will be required by the end of your first semester of coursework.
- Official U.S. transcripts where a degree is earned (or will be earned), and official U.S. transcripts where graduate level coursework has been taken.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State10200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.