Students who successfully complete this 60-credit hour specialization will earn a Master of Science in Counseling and Human Resource Development specializing in Marriage and Family Counseling.
The specialization in Marriage and Family Counseling is designed to meet the requirements of the South Dakota Board of Counselor Examiners.
Once graduates complete an approved supervised clinical experience and pass the appropriate examinations, they are eligible for licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist.
This Counseling and Human Resource Development - Marriage and Family Counseling at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have a desire to help people
- Work well with diverse groups of people
- Are an analytical thinker
- Are inquisitive
- Have strong listening, speaking and problem-solving skills
- Marriage and Family Counselor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Professional Issues and Ethics
- Research and Evaluation in Counseling and Human Development
- Developmental Issues in Counseling
- Theories of Counseling
- Professional Issues and Ethics
- Counseling the Family
- Couples and Advanced Family Counseling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
Admission is competitive; late applications will not be considered. Students have one calendar year from the time of acceptance to begin taking courses otherwise formal re-application to the CHRD program is required.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Human Resource Management Counselling View 233 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The CHRD department requires all applicants to submit the documents below by the appropriate admission deadline:
- CHRD Disclosure Statement
- A typed, one-page goal statement discussing your aspirations to the counseling field
- Two completed CHRD Recommendation Forms (do not use the Graduate School reference forms).
Based on the rating score of the applicant’s file, the applicant will either be invited to the group screening interview top continue the admissions process or denied admission.
GRE: Not required
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International647 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 647 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National336 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 336 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.