Metabolism and surgical facilities in the Animal Science Complex, along with specialized laboratory equipment in the Genomics Lab and other departments on campus, including, Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, and Health and Nutritional Sciences programs are also available.
Graduate students accepted in the program will have opportunities to utilize these facilities to develop basic and/or applied research programs in dairy product processing, microbiology, chemistry, food safety, dairy cattle nutrition, metabolism, genomics, breeding, microbiology of the rumen, immunology, and management, while interacting with well qualified faculty.
The SDSU Dairy Science program, in collaboration with the Food Science and Nutrition program at the University of Minnesota and the Food Science and Human Nutrition program at Iowa State University, constitute the Midwest Dairy Foods Research Center.
This collaborative center provides graduate students in the manufacturing area a unique opportunity to be involved with current issues and research needs.
This Biological Sciences - Dairy Science program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in dairy science, animal science, food science and engineering, or related fields
- Have an interest in the dairy industry
- Like intellectual challenges
- Have leadership skills
- Enjoy scientific inquiry and problem solving
- Ruminant Nutritionist
- Livestock Geneticist
- Dairy Product Processing specialist
- Quality Control/Assurance Director – Food and Dairy
- Microbiologist – Food Safety Analyst
- Dairy Farm or Plant Management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 3 or more credits of STAT courses numbered 500-level or higher
- 6 additional course credits, designed to meet the interests and individual needs of the student
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Food Sciences View 101 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least two letters of reference and a personal statement that includes a description of the applicants’ involvement in research, the applicant’s research interest, and career goals.
- GRE: Not required
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International647 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 647 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National336 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 336 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.