By using specifically identified coursework and mentoring, we strive to assist students in developing their intellectual capabilities in working with natural resources and people. In addition, each student must propose and conduct an original scientific investigation. Placement rates for M.S. graduates into positions as fisheries biologists, wildlife biologists, and other natural resource positions with state and federal agencies is extremely high.
This program in Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences - Fisheries Sciences at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in biology or related field
- Have a deep appreciation for fish and wildlife populations
- Like to be a steward of natural resources
- Interested in studying science
- Enjoy spending time outdoors
- State and Federal Fisheries Biologist
- Hatchery Manager
- Natural Resource Consultant
- Park Naturalist
- Research Scientist
- Future PhD student
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Natural Resource Management Biometry
- Quantitative Fisheries Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students are encouraged to apply several weeks prior to posted deadlines or the start of the semester to ensure all required documents are received.
DisciplinesAnimal Sciences Aquaculture & Fisheries View 131 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 to receive unconditional admission.
- A professional academic transcript evaluation for degrees earned outside the United States(This requirement cannot be waived unless your highest degree was earned or will be earned in the U.S. prior to enrollment at SDSU).
- If you are completing your bachelor's degree at the time of application, you may submit an incomplete evaluation. If you are accepted, a complete transcript and/or evaluation with completed degree will be required by the end of your first semester of coursework.
- Official U.S. transcripts where a degree is earned (or will be earned), and official U.S. transcripts where graduate level coursework has been taken.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.