Coursework emphasizes the intersections of academic and professional approaches to understanding, creating, and evaluating messages across contexts.
Core coursework covers the foundations of the communication and media studies disciplines (including relevant theories and methods), explores cross-platform communication, and offers applied coursework in areas such as professional communication, media law, and instructional communication.
This Communication and Media Studies course at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in Communication Studies, Media Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, or related program
- Are looking for professional and academic training
- Are curious about why and how communication influences people
- Have an interest in new media
- Have strong communication and leadership skills
- Careers in Higher Education (teaching, advising, recruitment)
- Health Communication Specialist
- Social Media Director
- Publi Relations
- Human Resources
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cross-Platform Storytelling
- Cross-Platform Campaigns
- Media Law Case Studies
- Professional Communication
- Instructional Communication
- Theories of Communication and Media
- Research in Communication and Media
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students are encouraged to apply several weeks prior to posted deadlines or the start of the semester to ensure all required documents are received.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 455 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 to receive unconditional admission.
- A professional academic transcript evaluation for degrees earned outside the United States(This requirement cannot be waived unless your highest degree was earned or will be earned in the U.S. prior to enrollment at SDSU).
- If you are completing your bachelor's degree at the time of application, you may submit an incomplete evaluation. If you are accepted, a complete transcript and/or evaluation with completed degree will be required by the end of your first semester of coursework.
- Official U.S. transcripts where a degree is earned (or will be earned), and official U.S. transcripts where graduate level coursework has been taken.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Online tuition fees: $470.45 per credit
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.