The Family Nurse Practitioner Specialization prepares you to deliver evidence-based direct patient care at an advanced practice level to individuals across the lifespan in primary care settings with an emphasis on rural healthcare.
This Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Like to collaborate with others
- Have strong communication skills
- Are interested in caring for people's health
- Are an effective problem solver
- Family nurse practitioner in primary care settings
The master’s degree in nursing at South Dakota State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education,
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Advanced Nursing
- Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan - Application to Advanced Practice Nursing
- Research in Nursing and Health Care
- Advanced Assessment Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Assessment - Lifespan Clinical Laboratory
- Health Policy, Legislation, Economics and Ethics
- Advanced Concepts in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Human Medicine Nursing View 699 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an ACEN or CCNE Accredited program with a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the United States or its’ territories prior to enrollment in first graduate nursing course.
- Completed approved statistical methods course within the past 5 years.
- Compliance requirements: Background check, FBI rolled fingerprint, drug screen, Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, ACLS certification for FNP specialization, professional liability insurance, influenza vaccine, and TB test.
- Completion of a written response to questions regarding educational goals, scholarly practice interest and desired practice career.
- 1500 hours of documented nursing practice experience prior to the first clinical lab or within the first program year.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National465 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 465 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.