The Clinical Nurse Leader Specialization equips you to oversee coordination of nursing care and provide evidence-based practice in any health care setting. Your graduate degree will give you opportunities to work with an interprofessional team to implement best practices that improve the quality of patient care outcomes.
This Nursing - Clinical Nurse Leader (online) at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Like to collaborate in an interprofessional role
- Have strong communication skills
- Are interested in safety and quality improvement in healthcare
- Are interested in serving as a resource for nursing and overseeing the coordination of care
- Acute care/inpatient
- Home care
- Long term care
- Nursing education
- Community/public health
- Rural health care
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Advanced Nursing
- Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan - Application to Advanced Practice Nursing
- Research in Nursing and Health Care
- Advanced Assessment Across the Lifespan for the CNL/Nurse Educator
- CNL I: Improvement Science: A Microsystem Approach
- CNL II: Clinical Immersion and Capstone Project
- Health Policy, Legislation, Economics and Ethics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students are encouraged to apply several weeks prior to posted deadlines or the start of the semester to ensure all required documents are received.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 121 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 to receive unconditional admission.
- A professional academic transcript evaluation for degrees earned outside the United States(This requirement cannot be waived unless your highest degree was earned or will be earned in the U.S. prior to enrollment at SDSU).
- If you are completing your bachelor's degree at the time of application, you may submit an incomplete evaluation. If you are accepted, a complete transcript and/or evaluation with completed degree will be required by the end of your first semester of coursework.
- Official U.S. transcripts where a degree is earned (or will be earned), and official U.S. transcripts where graduate level coursework has been taken.
- 1500 hours of documented nursing practice experience prior to the first clinical lab or within the first program year.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State8460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Online tuition fees: $470.45 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.