The Nurse Educator Specialization prepares you to utilize theories of teaching and learning in a variety of settings with emphasis on nursing education. You will spend time developing your ability to plan, implement and evaluate nursing education programs. Upon graduation, you will be eligible for the NLN (National League of Nursing) CNE (Certified Nurse Educator) certification exam.
This Nursing - Nurse Educator (online) at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Value teamwork
- Have strong communication skills
- Are a good problem solver
- Have a passion for teaching others
- Academic Nurse Educator in a 2-year or 4-year setting
- Clinical Nurse Educator in a hospital or clinical agency setting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Advanced Nursing
- Role Development of the Nurse Educator
- Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan - Application to Advanced Practice Nursing
- Research in Nursing and Health Care
- Advanced Assessment Across the Lifespan for the CNL/Nurse Educator
- Health Policy, Legislation, Economics and Ethics
- Cultural Competence in Health Care
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students are encouraged to apply several weeks prior to posted deadlines or the start of the semester to ensure all required documents are received.
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine Nursing View 124 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 to receive unconditional admission.
- A professional academic transcript evaluation for degrees earned outside the United States(This requirement cannot be waived unless your highest degree was earned or will be earned in the U.S. prior to enrollment at SDSU).
- If you are completing your bachelor's degree at the time of application, you may submit an incomplete evaluation. If you are accepted, a complete transcript and/or evaluation with completed degree will be required by the end of your first semester of coursework.
- Official U.S. transcripts where a degree is earned (or will be earned), and official U.S. transcripts where graduate level coursework has been taken.
- 1500 hours of documented nursing practice experience prior to the first clinical lab or within the first program year.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8225 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8225 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State8225 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Online tuition fees: $470.45 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.