Select your specialty. You will have the opportunity to select a specialized emphasis of study in one of four areas. Each of these study areas has three separate capstone options—a thesis, practicum or additional elective courses.
- Working with Native Communities
- Building Economic Capacity
- Natural Resource Management
- Non-Profit Management
This Sociology - Community Development (online) program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in Sociology, Economics, Human services, or related field
- Are working in a related field and want to develop connections to other organizations and people committed to successful community change
- Are interested in the field and want to get a strong foundation to assist you in your career aspirations
- Are interested in working with communities and organizations to address today’s challenges
- Have strong writing and communication skills
- Cooperative extension
- Youth development
- Community planning
- Natural resource management
- Community health and wellness programs
- Parks and recreation
- Food systems and community gardening projects
- Poverty and homelessness programs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Community Development
- Organizing for Community Change
- Community and Regional Economic Policy and Analysis
- Community Natural Resource Management
- Community Analysis
- Principles and Strategies of Community Change
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- International students are eligible to participate in our fully online programs but must do so outside the U.S. due to visa regulations. In addition, students should apply at least 6 months before the application deadline for our fully online programs.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 53 other Masters in Social Work in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Each applicant is required to provide two signed letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the student’s academic record as part of the graduate school application process.
- In addition, we require that interested applicants submit a writing sample (past term paper or a professional technical report, for example) and a personal statement.
- The personal statement should outline the applicant’s academic goals and describe how those goals connect with SDSU faculty expertise and interests.
- GRE: Not required
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National465 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 465 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.