The program will empower the student with background and skills required to successfully initiate innovative products or services. The degree is centered around the project – each student, working independently or in a team, will conceptualize and develop a product/service idea during their study period.
Along the way, they can enroll in technical courses to build in-depth knowledge about the product domain, helping them to discriminate their ideas and build a market edge. In parallel, they will learn foundations for design, entrepreneurship, leadership, and business via a rich selection of courses.
Project supervisors can be selected from among any faculty in HKUST. Students will be equipped with practical details of launching a startup in the Hong Kong and/or The Pearl River Delta (PRD) area via a startup workshop.
Successful graduates are expected to make a positive impact towards the development of better society and the world.
On successful completion of the Technology Leadership and Entrepreneurship program at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, graduates will be able to:
- Identify a product or service that can make a positive impact in some segment of society;
- Use design principles to design the product;
- Apply entrepreneurship knowledge to launch a company, if applicable, providing a product/service; and
- Work effectively as an entrepreneur, in particular, as product developer or project manager in a product design unit of a corporation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technology Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Product Development and Prototyping
- Startup Workshop
- Technology Leadership and Entrepreneurship Project
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, Local
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology
- Applicants seeking admission to a master's degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, or an approved equivalent qualification.
- Applicants have to fulfill English Language requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science area is highly preferred.
- Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in other areas with outstanding academic performance may also be considered.
- GRE scores will be considered if available.
- Applicants need to demonstrate an ability in taking initiatives, such as having contributed to innovative/entrepreneurial projects.
- Applicants may be shortlisted for admission interviews.
International25745 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25745 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National25745 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25745 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.