Through their work, they contribute to the development of general object culture and to the enrichment of the Hungarian artistic life. Their works also have an impact on the international design market. Students in the Fashion and Textile Design program at Budapest Metropolitan University are able to synthesize and apply these in addition to the knowledge of traditional, craft and modern computer technology. Their critical sensation and analytical ability make them able to navigate any area of design thinking.
You will be able to work as a textile or fashion designer
- You will be able to solve design problems of different fields of textile and fashion design
- You will be able to work as a member of the creative crew of the design development department of a company
- You will be able to be a member of a creative agency
- You will be able to organize and lead different design activities
What can you study with us?
- design thinking
- high-level presentation and debate skills
- skill of interdisciplinary approach
- problem solving
- different techniques of textile making
- different way of pattern making
- current trend of design
- negotiation with customers
- experimental fashion and textile design through fine art
- playing with creativity
- different textile and pattern making experimentation
- traditional and experimental textile design
- fashion jewellery design
- fashion accessory design
- problem-solving design process
- individual fashion capsule collection design
- fashion and textile collection concept process development
- professional project situation
- interdisciplinary design thinking through different projects
- diploma project
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
IELTS min. 6.0
- Bachelor’s degree from a relevant field
- Portfolio of previous works
- CV and motivation letter
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA5600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2800 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.