The Health Informatics program of Rochester Institute of Technology prepares you for success in today's complex health care field through the interplay of people, information, and technology. In this program, you will learn how information is used to advance knowledge and improve health care, preparing you for future computing careers that require more than just programming.
The unique blend of RIT informatics faculty and Rochester Regional Health clinical experts provides students with the data analytics, programming, and clinical experience to combine theory and practice.
- Comprehensive foundation in health informatics
- Practical use of data in the health care setting
- Clinical faculty from Rochester Regional Health
- Study with board-eligible practicing physicians
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Health Informatics
- Practice of Health Care
- Medical Knowledge Structures
- Clinical Information Systems
- Project Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Health Informatics Human Computer Interaction View 123 other Masters in Human Computer Interaction in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Submit a current resume, personal statement, and two letters of recommendation.
- Complete an interview with the program chair (for those without health care or IT work experience).
- It is recommended that applicants have a minimum of three years of experience in a health care, health-related, or information technology organization. Applicants who do not meet this requirement may be asked to complete certain undergraduate courses as a bridge for the content knowledge required for the graduate program.
- Applicants from international universities are required to submit GRE scores.
- A test of English Language aptitude (TOEFL) is required of all applicants and course registrants whose native language is not English.
International18555 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1237 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18555 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1237 USD per credit during 24 months.
The online MS in Health Informatics requires 30 credits and costs $1,237 per credit hour
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.