JEMARO is the first joint Japan-Europe Master on Advanced Robotics (JEMARO) - an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree from Centrale Nantes offering high-level academic and industrial training across the whole span of robotics (Mathematical modelling, Control engineering, Computer engineering, Mechanical design) with the technological specialisation of the associated industrial partners.
All JEMARO course unit are taught in English, and they are already mutually recognized by all the consortium partners within Local Master Tracks. All activities are organized and implemented on a common agreement basis and by integrating the educational rules differences/constraints between Japan and Europe.
The student mobility path will allow a first year spread across the European partners and the second year in Japan where all students will remain together helping them to form a close-knit group.
Students who graduate from the JEMARO master’s course will obtain two master's degrees, one from a European country and the other from Japan (Keio University). The degrees are officially recognised and give full access to PhD study programmes.
Although the JEMARO programme relates primarily to the context of robotic systems, the concepts covered can be applied to a much wider range of other engineering and economic systems. The career prospects for JEMARO graduates are therefore excellent. They can be employed in diverse industrial and economic sectors, as the courses are relevant to today’s high tech society.
On graduation from JEMARO, the student will have acquired the following skills:
- In-depth scientific and technical knowledge of Robotics and related AI topics and the skills to use this knowledge effectively.
- Capacity to master modern techniques in developing and designing innovative and autonomous robotic systems such as modelling, simulation, optimisation, analysis, decision-making and control.
- Capacity to work both independently and in multidisciplinary teams, interacting effectively with specialists and taking initiatives where necessary.
- Capacity to communicate effectively (through both written and oral presentations) in an international context,
- Capacity to adopt the most suitable methods for the problem at hand and select the technological components needed to implement the proposed solution.
- Capacity to transfer high tech methodology from university to industry.
- Signal Processing
- Classical Linear Control
- Artificial Intelligence
- Modelling of Manipulators
- Advanced and Robot Programming
- Embedded Computing
- Mechanical Design Methods in Robotics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
30 Japanese Credits
DisciplinesRobotics Cyber Security Artificial Intelligence View 35 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Open to students who already hold a first university degree with the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits in the European system, after at least three years studies, at the level of Bachelor of Science, in a field related to robotics such as:
- Mechatronic, Automatic control,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering, System Engineering,
- Applied Mathematics and Computer Science.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
National4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- For Partner country students: €18,000 for 2 years
- For Programme country students : €9,000 for 2 years
Living costs for Nantes
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Students from all over the world are eligible for an Erasmus+ EMJMD scholarship.
- Students with a double nationality (of a Partner and of a Programme Country) must specify the nationality under which they submit their scholarship application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.