Learn industry leading software and techniques from our experienced lecturers to tell stories with visual effects (VFX), gaming, animation, and extended reality (XR). It’s taught at the Miramar Creative Centre (a partnership with Miramar Creative) among the Weta group buildings on Park Road and offers unrivalled access to work experience and professional connections. The Design Technology (MDT) programme is delivered by Victoria University of Wellington .
- Creative Coding for Digital Content
- Compositing and Motion Graphics
- Design Ideation Covers advanced investigations into topics
- Character Animation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 16 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants will need to submit a portfolio that exhibits creativity and digital proficiency. We are most interested in time-based media that demonstrates capability in a 3-D software package and an interest in storytelling. Examples of the kinds of work we’d like to see: short narrative films, play-throughs of games or mixed reality experiences, turntables and animation tests for digital characters and assets. We also evaluate drawings such as concept art, storyboards, and character development, though these should be supported by time-based media work. Please submit 2-D work as a pdf and 3-D work as a link to a Youtube, Vimeo, or movie file hosted on a server that can easily be accessed by our faculty.
International43300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43300 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National10415 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10415 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Wellington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.