The Commercial and Retail Management degree programme from Aarhus University prepares the student for a career in the HQ functions of the consumer goods industry and it provides an understanding of the industry’s specific challenges, which paves the way for a faster climb up the career ladder.
The students will acquire qualifications in areas such as retail strategy and innovation, consumer behavior, business negotiations, pricing, performance management as well as range, category and brand management.
Deep understanding of the value chain
Today, traditional retail trade is supplemented with e-commerce and various hybrids, and more and more communication takes place on social media. Companies must therefore be able to handle an omni-channel situation where a number of different sales and communication channels must be optimised in relation to each other. In addition, the ability to handle big data is becoming increasingly important in the consumer goods industry.
This has led to changes in the relationship between supplier and retailer. The supplier must increasingly consider the entire value chain right through to the consumer, while the retailer must structure its supplier relations with an eye for how to create value for the consumer.
The degree program has been developed in collaboration with prominent actors in the consumer goods industry. These are gathered in a founding partner group consisting of Salling Group, Arla, Bestseller, Danish Crown, MLDK, KFI, Dagrofa, Jysk and Rema 1000 The companies will play an important role in the degree program and its courses through guest lectures, internships, and Master's theses collaborations. They will also be offering a number of relevant student jobs. Internships at the above-mentioned companies are an important part of the program. Students are encouraged to complete an internship, and the participating companies guarantee a significant number of internship positions.
Finally, the degree programme prepares the students for a career in various HQ functions in the consumer goods industry. Based on the value chain approach, the students will be able to undertake many functions in either the supply or retail link of the value chain, especially within the consumer goods industry; from category manager or procurement manager to key account manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Value Chain Management
- Retail strategy and Commercial Innovation
- Consumer Behaviour in a Retail Setting
- Research Methods
- Pricing Strategy
- Business Negociations Supplier-retailer Relations Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Retail Management Strategic Management View 24 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students that hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Business Administration (HA) or variants hereof from Aarhus University can pursue direct admission to the MSc programmes in Economics and Business Administration after they complete their Bachelor’s degree programme.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Administration, Bsc (HA) from one of the Danish universities, you fulfill the specific admission requirement for the Master’s degree programmes in Economics and Business Administration (cand.merc.).
- If you hold a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (HD), you can also pursue admission to the MSc programmes in Economics and Business Administration.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.