The Globalization Studies and Cultural Diplomacy (with a concentration in International Relations) programme of University of Bucharest has a duration of 2 years, with the first 2 semesters taking place in Berlin and the last 2 in Bucharest. It provides students with a unique design of the curriculum, combining lectures and presentations with case studies and in-depth analysis of contemporary global events. Students benefit from the expertise of leading scholars and professionals, and courses are adequately complemented by a wide range of events (visits, trainings, conferences) destined to broaden their perspective and refine their understanding of cultural diplomacy.
During the second semester, students undertake a professional development and training programme at the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy. The professional development programme is designed individually with each of the students and is composed of part or all of the following main components: research, development of Cultural Diplomacy Initiative and participating in and contributing to ICD’s projects, activities and conferences.
By joining this MA, students gain expertise in cultural diplomacy, globalization and international relations, a deeper understanding of socio-cultural conflicts and conflict resolution, argumentation and critical thinking skills. The multicultural experience in two major European cities and the particular structure of the programme allow students to develop high professional and personal development standards.
- Cultural Diplomacy, International Relations, Intercultural Management
- Mass Media, Politics, Journalism, Cultural Studies
- Development and Globalization Studies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The History and Evolution of the Field of Cultural Diplomacy
- International Case Studies of Cultural Diplomacy
- Future Trends in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy
- Professional Development Programme
- Globalization and Anti-globalization: Theories and Realities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History International Relations View 3 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Romania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Submit an online application form, which can be accessed here (see also the hyperlink on the left hand side).
- Applicants who have successfully completed the first stage of their application will then need to pay the application fee of 70 EUR
- The interview will be scheduled within 1-2 weeks after the date of the successful submission of the application (candidates will be informed about the date and the time of the interview via email).
- Proficiency in English is required for this MA
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA930 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 930 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- For EU/EEA: 4,500 RON per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.