In this Advances and Applications in Plasma Physics programme Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) you will gain excellent analytical, critical and problem solving skills.
- potential to R&D in a variety of fields
- communication and study skills: ability to manage their own learning and to make use of primary research sources and reviews
- transferable skills necessary for employment: initiative, decision making and ability to undertake further professional training
Additional Benefits:Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - St. Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!
- Numerical codes in plasma physics
- Plasma electrodynamics
- Scientific physics workshop
- Physics of edge plasma
- Elective Courses
- Students’ R&D
After completing the master’s program, students will have the skills necessary for a successful career as a physics researcher in a wide variety of fields: from modeling physical processes in plasma systems to developing new devices and performing research on them.
PhD students in leading European and World Universities and Plasma Physics Institues, International Organization ITER
- Professor Vladimir A. Rozhansky
- Professor Vladimir Yu. Sergeev
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Academic year: September 01 - end of June. Academic year consists of 2 semesters (September-January and February-June).
DisciplinesPhysics View 28 other Masters in Physics in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) and/or in Russia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
- Bachelor in Physics, Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science or similar.
- English language proficiency B+ level.
- Basic knowledge of Electrodynamics and Statistical physics is required.
- Entrance examination.
- Interview with the program coordinator.
International6284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6284 EUR per year during 24 months.
National6284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6284 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 367 800 Rubles
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
• Polytech accepts students who received a Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education scholarship (so-called quota) that covers tuition fees as well.
To apply for the quota - https://education-in-russia.com -
• You can also participate in the International Olympiad "Open Doors: Russian Scholarship project" co-organized by Polytechnic University. The winners have an opportunity to pursue their Master's and PhD degrees for free. The Olympiad is intended for both international applicants and SPbPU students in their final years of Bachelor's, Specialist's, or Master's studies http://opendoors.spbstu.ru/english.html
The qualifying round will start in September 2022 and will end in December 2022.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.