The master’s degree in Educational Science – Teaching and Learning from University of Freiburg gives students a deeper understanding of teaching and learning processes so that they can convey complex and differentiated learning environments be able to design complex content in a scientifically sound manner. The students acquire knowledge about the relevant framework conditions for teaching and learning processes and are enabled to accompany change processes in individuals and organizations in a targeted manner.
Students will earn competencies in the field of empirical teaching-learning research so that they can carry out educational studies and document them according to scientific standards. In addition, the students apply their theoretical knowledge from teaching-learning research and implement them in a project.
The courses in the Master’s degree in Educational Science - Teaching and Learning are usually conducted in German or English. The study achievements and course-related examinations are usually to be provided in German or English.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognition, motivation and emotions in learning
- Theories of teaching
- Research methods
- Individual research internship
- Socialization and development over the lifespan
- Framework conditions of educational processes
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- School certificates (as well as an authenticated translation)
- University entrance examination certificate (as well as an authenticated translation)
- Transcript of records (as well as an authenticated translation)
- University degree (as well as an authenticated translation)
- Proof of your language proficiency
- CV and letter of motivation
- A certificate of enrolment - If you have already studied at a university in Germany.
- Certificate of the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) of the German Embassy (China and Vietnam only)
- Letter of recognition of study history
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
€161 registration fee per semester for all students
Living costs for Freiburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.