It is fascinating, and it is a challenge. You get to know a subject area in all of its dimensions, and get the right qualifications for the most demanding of activities in many professional fields in economy, society, politics, culture, and science. With Ancient Near Eastern Studies - Living Environments in Past and Present degree offered by the University of Freiburg you learn to reflect on the broad knowledge that you have acquired and integrate it, so that you can independently draw conclusions, and devise solutions to problems.
A university degree program requires motivation, the willingness to work, and self-responsibility. The time studying nevertheless offers lots of freedom, and the opportunity to expand your interest and develop your strengths outside of your subject area. You don’t only acquire subject-specific knowledge and competences – a university degree also opens up numerous opportunities to develop and grow as a person.
A university degree program offers you:
- A sound basic education and relevant know-how for your future area of work
- The ability to acquire skills for scientific work
- Research related degree programs with renowned academics
- Analysis and problem solving, overcoming floods of information through critical thinking, as well as the selecting of relevant facts and data
- Autonomy and freedom, development of independence
- Development of your personality
- Various possibilities for further studies (Master and Ph.D.)
- Good or very good career prospects and chances of promotion
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical training which directly applies, for example, at a dual college/university (combination studies/business), or at a (specialist) University
- An education, which qualifies for practical and skilled manual work, for example, within the scope of a work/training scheme (combination business/vocational college)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter: Essay (approximately 1200 words)
- Copy of passport (1 page)
- Certified proof of your Bachelor of Arts and other relevant testimonials for the programme mentioned in your CV
- Certificate of English language
- Two letters of recommendation.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.