In our Privacy, Information and Cyber Security degree offered by the University of Skövde you will learn to develop, shape and become an integral part of the digital society of the future, where information security and privacy is in the forefront.
The focus of your studies
The programme offers comprehensive studies in privacy, information security and cyber security, providing you with unique skills. During the courses of the programme, you will learn how a systematic approach to information security can be implemented in an organisation through various management systems. You will also learn about data protection, methods for discovering and stopping data packages containing damaging files and the management of security risks in common solutions for the Internet of Things. The programme is concluded with a master thesis.
A majority of the teachers in the programme have experience in privacy, information and cyber security research and are working on ground-breaking projects so that students are exposed to the latest trends in this important and exciting area.
The programme is built on interactive lectures, seminars and assignments and students are expected to participate during the scheduled sessions. There are several mandatory seminars throughout the programme. We offer the programme on campus and online, but all sessions are combining online and campus students. Thus, to be successful in your studies it is important that you are able to attend the lectures, seminars and other sessions live as no sessions will be recorded. We made an active decision to use this approach because we believe that the subject is best explored in dialogue and we do not attempt to offer a self-paced study program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Privacy, Information Security and Cyber Security
- Practical cryptology
- Information Security Management
- Network security operations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 21 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certificates and diplomas of your completed degree from your country/countries of study.
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester included in your degree.
- Proof of English language skills
- In order to speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.
- For most master's level courses and programmes, the requirement is also the equivalent of English 6/English Course B, though some may require a lower or higher level of English
International12350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12350 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
130,000 SEK per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.