This study programme focuses on how we can manage our biological resources in a sustainable way. Some populations we impact through harvest while we try to save other through conservation efforts. The programme provides in depth knowledge regarding how humans' management of biological resources impact ecosystems and biodiversity. Fundamental ecological theories of conservation and the management of biological resources are combined with applied knowledge of current conservation- and management approaches in both aquatic and terrestrial populations. The focus of the programme is closely connected to the research conducted by the teachers of the study programme.
The focus of your studies
Initially the study programme introduces advanced theories regarding the effects that management and conservation of biological resources have on ecosystems and biodiversity. A methodology course in bioscience introduces basic methods in bioscience. Thereafter you will take a training course aimed at developing applied skills in bioscience and to provide connections to the relevant labor market. An additional methodology course in multivariate analysis further enhances your knowledge in the methods of bioscience. The last part of the study programme consists of a 22.5 credits master degree project. In the personal master degree project you will independently apply your gained knowledge to solve a relevant research problem in bioscience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Management
- Experimental Design and Data Analysis for Life Science
- Training in Bioscience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 43 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certificates and diplomas of your completed degree from your country/countries of study.
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester included in your degree.
- Proof of English language skills
- In order to speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.
- For most master's level courses and programmes, the requirement is also the equivalent of English 6/English Course B, though some may require a lower or higher level of English
International12350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12350 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
130,000 SEK per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.