Current trends on digital technologies represented by the Internet of things, cyber-physical systems, social networks, cloud computing, big data and cognitive computing have provided the basis for a new industrial revolution named Industry 4.0.
Our Industry 4.0 Computer Sciences Master degree at University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour offers a 1 year, full-time postgraduate program, aimed at providing solid scientific and technological foundations in order to innovate, design and develop future digital organisations based on the new Internet of Everything (IoE) paradigm.
It is suited for students planning both an academic or an industrial career and provides the theoretical basis and the practical expertise required to pursue in research or R&D organizations.
The master is fully taught in English and is hosted at the College of Sciences and Technologies for Energy and Environment (STEE) of the Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA) in Anglet (France).
The STEE College has been founded in the framework of the prestigious French Initiative of Excellence label I-SITE (Initiatives Sciences, Innovation, Territories and Economy), obtained by our E2S-UPPA project.
The program is carried out in close collaboration with the LIUPPA research laboratory and several R&D organisations, where scientific and experimental practicals will be performed. Students will also benefit from the global research environment and administrative support of the University Pau & Pays Adour, the E2S I-site program.
- Prepare students at an advanced specialised level to meet present and future scientific and technological challenges in digital industries and enterprises.
- Develop research skills to engage in quality and successful research,
- Prepare students for leading positions in private and public organisations in research and development departments.
Knowledge and skills
At the end of this program, the students in the « Industry 4.0 Computer Sciences Master” will be able to:
- Identify and analyse the functional and non-functional requirements of digital organisations (industries and enterprises).
- Design and model multi-dimensional architectures resulting from the integration and coordination of Internet of Everything entities (IoT, Data, People, Services and Cloud Computing infrastructures) aimed at satisfying the digital organisation requirements.
- Develop and implement a proof of concept system integrating the various Internet of Everything dimensions.
- Design and conduct experiments in order to test and evaluate Industry 4.0 systems.
- Review, analyse, and interpret the body of scientific literature, contemporary issues and innovations computer sciences and information technologies disciplines.
- Carry out a research project aimed at developing a state of the art and at identifying and solving scientific and technological challenges in the context of the Industry 4.0.
- Industry 4.0 cyber-physical Systems Engineering
- Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
- Service and Micro-Service Oriented Architectures
- Cloud Computing Services and Technologies
- Internet of Things
- Semantic Web, Advanced Databases and Open Linked Data
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 25 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science or Equivalent.
- Applicants must be fluent in English, both in writing and speaking. An applicant whose native language is not English has to take a recognized international English test.
- Minimum required score: CECRL B2 level in English
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Anglet
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.