Institutions in higher education, research and innovation play a central role in the advancement of societies and economies. They foster economic growth, strengthen technological progress, and enhance job creation. In addition, higher education institutions contribute to the personal development of individuals and help educate proactive citizens in societies. To achieve the best possible results, these institutions require modern and effective management.
Graduates of the Research and Innovation in Higher Education offered by Tampere University are prepared to participate in the processes that generate agendas and policies for the advancement of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. They are equipped to work as managers, development experts, policy makers, analysts, researchers and consultants in HE, research and innovation institutions, as well as in private companies, public administration, international organisations, and NGOs. They can also continue to doctoral studies and pursue an academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of organisation and change in HEIs and research institutions
- Research and innovation management
- Financial management and funding in HE
- Research and innovation
- Innovation and education.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 5 other Masters in Educational Research in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a completed university level Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of the desired Master's degree programme or in a closely related subject AND
- a good command of English for academic purposes. For more information, please see Language requirements.
A Bachelor’s degree completed in a university outside Finland must provide eligibility to university-level Master’s degree studies in the country in question.
- Official transcripts
- Official translation of the Bachelor's degree certificate and of the transcript of records unless issued in English, Finnish or Swedish
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Résumé
- Copy of your passport's ID page and possible residence permit to Finland.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
A substantial number of scholarships are available. With the help of the scholarship programme, Tampere University provides excellent international students with high-quality, yet affordable, education.
Please visit our website for further information.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.