CEU Executive MBA is the program tailor-made for accomplished working managers willing to elevate their professional profile from operational expertise to strategic leadership. The program’s innovative structure allows participants to earn a US-accredited MBA degree in just 10 convenient 4-to-9-day residencies, scheduled over 28 months.
The MBA in Global Executive Management at Central European University (CEU) advances CEU’s intellectual and institutional objectives by:
- Providing a new, promising avenue of promoting Open Society values in the business community, countering setbacks that these values have suffered in the political realm;
- Establishing a unique meeting platform of mid-career professionals from Europe and beyond;
- Leveraging professional expertise and a network of Executive MBA participants to enhance the career prospects of all CEU students;
- Supporting high-quality management research by providing CEU faculty with access to organizations, empirical data, and managerial practice.
- Program approved and registered by the New York State Education Department
- Program accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
On successful completion of the CEU Executive MBA program, participants will be able to:
- Develop a broad, strategic view of business competitiveness in view of evolving economic, social, political, environmental and technological trends.
- Articulate and execute strategic courses of action that respond to complex business and broader societal demands.
- Lead, develop and manage people, teams and units beyond functional/unit level specialization and know how to mobilize the strategic, tactical and operational resources of their organization to create sustainable value for multiple stakeholders.
- Leverage state-of-the-art techniques for making decisions in complex business contexts (including a detailed understanding of sources and uses of data and management tools in decision making at all levels of activity).
- Develop critical self-understanding, leadership and interpersonal improvement in an international multicultural context and to act with integrity.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Feb. 1: financial aid
- March 15: self-financing candidates requiring a study visa
- Aug. 15: self-financing candidates not requiring a study visa
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Executive MBA Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 19 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in Austria
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Central European University (CEU) and/or in your country of interest, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
At least eight years of professional experience, including at least three years of documented leadership/managerial experience. From the eight-year criterion, we will make rare exceptions in the case of individuals with particularly impactful leadership experience, for instance founding an organization, startup etc.
An undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification.
Evidence of steady career progress throughout the professional career, as documented by the up-to-date Vitae of the candidate. Note that as a general rule, CEU Executive MBA only accepts candidates with at least eight years of professional experience and three years of documented managerial / leadership experience.
At least two references.
A cover letter explaining interest in the EMBA for the Open World.
- A non-refundable application fee of EUR 30.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28200 EUR per year during 28 months.
EU/EEA28200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28200 EUR per year during 28 months.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
CEU offers need-based scholarships of up to 12,000 euro for highly qualified candidates from Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia or North Africa, in case their management compensation significantly departs from Western salaries. The need-based scholarship program allows participants from middle-income countries who do not earn Western income levels to attend CEU Executive MBA at a price point similar to that of local programs in these locations.
In addition, a number of highly competitive merit-based scholarships include the Open World Scholarship, available for participants worldwide as well as our country-specific scholarships set up with a number of highly prestigious institutional partners.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.