The Master's of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at the Roosevelt University it also shows students how to diagnose and manage serious mental illnesses and obtain resources and support. The intensive, field-based curriculum prepares every candidate to work democratically with diverse individuals and families. The program satisfies academic requirements for licensure as a professional counselor and clinical professional counselor in the State of Illinois. It also meets the academic requirements for national certification in mental health counseling (CCMHC) and for national counselor certification (NCC).
You’ll develop the skills needed to foster growth in your child and adult clients, and you’ll lead proactively in community mental health agencies. You can expect focused and practical assignments, engaging and intensive discussions and small group projects, and multiple opportunities to complete field experiences that dovetail with individual goals and career aspirations. You’ll also be prepared for state licensure as a Clinical Mental Health Counselor and for the National Certified Counselor (NCC) certification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Career & Lifestyle Development
- Theories & Dynamics of Group Counseling
- Practicum: Beginning Clinical Practice
- Internship: Mental Health Counseling
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Counselling View 1328 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- $40 Application Fee
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities within the United States. Coursework completed outside the U.S. requires a Foreign Credential Evaluation to be submitted.
- Letter of Intent outlining your personal and professional goals, why you are interested in the program, and how it will help you achieve your goals. Also, please address how you became interested in a counseling career and what is it that you hope to accomplish as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
International19659 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19659 USD per year during 36 months.
National19659 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19659 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.