School Counseling from Roosevelt University course work provides students with the skills to work with a diversity of student populations. Graduates of the School Counseling program enter their field with an in-depth knowledge of children, adolescents, and the socio-emotional conditions that foster student learning.
The Master's in School Counseling (SC) program prepares counselor candidates to support and advocate on behalf of the learning and social-emotional needs of children and adolescents in K-12 schools
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- School Counseling, School Environment, and Consultation
- School Counseling Program Development and Classroom Management
- Human Growth and Development
- Internship: School Counseling
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For priority consideration, the deadline to apply is March 1. For regular consideration, the deadline is rolling until two weeks before the start.
DisciplinesEducation Counselling Teaching View 993 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the entirety of their undergraduate course work, a minimum of 120 credit hours of credit at the undergraduate level, a personal statement outlining goals and aspirations, and two letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate academic or work abilities.
- $40 Application Fee
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities within the United States. Coursework completed outside the U.S. requires a Foreign Credential Evaluation to be submitted.
- Letter of Intent outlining your personal and professional goals, why you are interested in the program, and how it will help you achieve your goals.
- English Language Proficiency
- Applicants for the program in School Counseling must submit evidence of a passing score on the ACT or SAT score that meets the state's criterion.
- Online Application
International21035 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21035 USD per year during 36 months.
National21035 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21035 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.