- The innovative Global Finance (Block Delivery) MBA from University of Derby is designed for working professionals who want to gain an internationally recognised management qualification – without taking a career break
- It combines short intensive study periods on campus with off-site learning which you can balance with your working life, wherever in the world you are based
- Distinctive pathways allow you to select a broad-based MBA Global programme or to specialise with the MBA Global Finance or the MBA Global Hospitality Management
- Our MBA Global and all specialist pathways are accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), so you can apply for Chartered Manager status on completion of your studies
- You can choose to undertake a corporate placement project instead of a traditional dissertation, tackling an important challenge that benefits your own organisation
- You will learn from a teaching team with extensive business and management experience and will work in small, internationally diverse cohorts of students. We offer enhanced tutor support to keep your studies on track
Managers who can perform, think and act from an international perspective are in demand like never before. Our MBA Global has been designed specifically to meet that demand, nurturing leaders who are creative, dynamic and innovative – ready to excel in senior positions worldwide.
Ours is a thoroughly modern MBA programme which will transform your business thinking as you work towards the world’s most recognised management and leadership qualification. Challenging both academically and practically, it enables you to analyse and solve complex business problems that are directly relevant to your job role, helping inspire change within your own organisation and industry.
The Block Delivery MBA typically attracts senior and middle managers from wide-ranging backgrounds, including construction, energy, aviation and the public sector.
The strong international perspectives of our MBA bring a whole new dimension to your CV. Our emphasis on work-based learning also equips you to apply your knowledge in ways which make an immediate impact – whether you are embarking on a new role or advancing your professional practice within your own organisation.
Equally important are the integrated support modules which will help you plan the next stage of your professional development. You can boost your employability through access to career coaching, mentoring and career development workshops.
Gaining a postgraduate degree can significantly boost your earning potential. Latest government statistics* show that postgraduates earn on average £6,000 more per year than graduates, with a median salary of £40,000.
Our MBA Global and all specialist pathways are accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic and Financial Performance Management – an opportunity for you to critically analyse and process the financial data provided by information systems so that it can be applied to strategic planning.
- Critical Perspectives in Strategic Leadership and Management – honing your understanding of the principal areas of strategic management and leadership practices emanating from business research and development. This module takes a holistic view of how managers formulate, implement and evaluate strategies and policies that respond to changes in both the internal and external business environment and deliver sustainable competitive advantage.
- Global Strategic Operations, Markets and Resources – an introduction to the holistic nature of operations, markets and resources. This module approaches the subject from a strategic perspective, demonstrating how the long-term vision of an organisation can be understood, implemented and realised.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance International Business View 565 other Masters in International Business in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should normally hold a good honours degree (minimum upper second class) from a UK university (or overseas equivalent) in any subject or a professional qualification deemed to be of equivalent standing.
- Alternatively, applicants may have significant management experience and a substantial record of achievement. Applicants meeting these criteria may not have previously studied at university.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19800 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
EU/EEA14850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19800 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
- UK/EU fees: £2,200 per 20 credits
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.