The Sustainable Food Systems programme of University of Kassel is developed on the basis of advice from the job market and designed to provide graduates with a strong basis within sustainable food production combined with an individual and international profile.
The first semester will offer a common basic semester package in three different countries and provide a common e-learning module on introduction to sustainability. The first semester will educate students in basic competencies like entrepreneurship, intercultural communication, food legislation, and supply chain.
In the second semester students can choose from four different specialization packages, enabling them to create an individual profile. The four specialization packages are: Economics, Food Technology and Microstructure or Raw Materials and Nutrition.
The third semester is an obligatory applied semester. Students will take part in two projects based on strong cooperation of Isara with several French companies. This semester will educate students in research projects and group work in order to incorporate transversal and soft skills.
During the fourth semester students will perform a master’s thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food Legislation
- Technology of vegetable products
- Food Packaging Technology
- Functional Foods
- Advanced marketing and agribusiness management
- Quality management and risk analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 12 other Masters in Food Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A letter from the candidate describing his/her interest in sustainable food systems (cover Letter – reasons for applying and career plans)
- One mandatory reference letter
- A copy with translation in English of your degree(s)
- A copy with translation in English of official transcripts from all colleges and universities or any other institution or higher education attended.
- Evidence of proficiency in English
- If you took a French Baccalauréat, a copy of your “relevé de notes official” is required (INE apparant)
- A curriculum vitae
- A copy of your passport
- A recent headshot picture (passport format)
International4750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4750 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4750 EUR per year during 24 months.
For the first year of the program at UCSC
- Tuition fees at UCSC for both EU and NON-EU students: 5000 €.
Living costs for Kassel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.