The Teaching program of University of California, Irvine (UCI) prepares candidates to teach social science, mathematics, English language arts, sciences, art, or world languages at the middle or high school level. The MAT with Multiple Subject Credential prepares students to teach all grade levels and content areas within the elementary school curriculum.
What Sets Us Apart?
- A yearlong school site apprenticeship where candidates can apply the content-specific teaching practices and theories studied in coursework.
- Demonstrated record of successful candidate preparation for the job market
- A growing alumni network for expanded professional opportunities
- Engagement in a 3-quarter action research project focused on dilemmas arising in the student teaching experience
- Opportunities to work with faculty who conduct cutting-edge educational research
- A cohort model that encourages development of a collaborative and supportive community of candidates and future colleagues
Our MAT candidates value:
- Developing a deep understanding of the inequities faced by underserved student populations and the agency to advocate for social justice in the educational system.
- Learning to design and implement rigorous and responsive curriculum that draws on students’ everyday experiences, cultural knowledge and home or community-based assets.
- Developing their content knowledge for teaching and pedagogical practices
- Developing the capacity to learn and improve their practice by engaging in cycles of observation, enactment and inquiry of teaching and learning.
- Developing the skills and dispositions associated with leadership and a vision of themselves as agents of change in their schools and communities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Directed Elementary Field Experiences in Diverse Schools
- Teaching Physical and Health Education in Elementary School
- Curriculum and Methods for Elementary School Mathematics
- Directed Secondary Field Experiences
- Learning to Learn from Teaching
- Methods of Teaching (English, World Languages, Mathematics, Sciences, Social Science or Visual Arts) in the Secondary School
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3547 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application with personal history and statement of purpose.
- Transcripts – Applicants must upload unofficial transcripts for all institutions attended since high school. If an applicant is admitted, official transcripts will be requested only from the institution(s) were a degree was earned.
- Three letters of recommendation, including at least one letter from a previous college or university instructor.
- Certificate of Clearance.
- Submit passing CBEST scores or evidence of equivalency for waiving the requirement. Upload a PDF copy of the score report in the online application.
International32828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32828 USD per year and a duration of 14 months.
National32828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32828 USD per year and a duration of 14 months.
In-State17726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17726 USD per year and a duration of 14 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.